1. What did you do in 2008 that you hadn't done before?
Celebrated a one-year anniversary at a job.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't think I made any concrete ones, but I did want to get a second date (as opposed to many lone firsts) and I SO did, so HA! My resolution for this year is, "Who the fuck cares?" - as in, I am going to make myself happy without imposing on the rights of others, but if they are bothered by my choices, it isn't my problem.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Shannon, Randee, Brigitte, Krista.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Just the US
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Just more cash, I was lacking towards the end of the year there. C'mon and end recession! You can do it!
7. What date(s) from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Erm...I suppose the couple days visit I spent at home where my parents were gone and me and Blondie basically played video games for three days and had run of the house, it was quite fun. It was also the first time I ever puked the morning after drinking, which was decidedly not fun. I literally took a sip of diet Coke to wallow my Aleve and was like nope, that's not staying down!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Not going completely insane from money issues, keeping my apartment fairly clean and organized (for me), becoming less anti-social/lonerish.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Lacking self-confidence, not getting my raise yet.
10. Did you suffer any illness or injury?
Nothing major. My knuckles gained some new scars from work, but that's it.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I really love the winter coat I got on clearance last week. I really needed a new, warm, adult winter jacket - and I got one! For $13!
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Jessie for graduating cosmetology school, Mike for going back to get his diploma, Katie for staying sane during all the shit with her pregnancy, and me for just being awesome and being called a very dependable staff member :)
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My own at times, Libby's, others who shall remain nameless.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Rent, fucking GAS.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The new Weezer album, a boy for a while.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
"Like a Prayer" - Madonna.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? same
ii. thinner or fatter? Fatter I think?
iii. richer or poorer? Poorer?
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Being healthy, not being so shy around new people and clueless around males.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Bottling up emotions and things that are bothering me.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent it at home with my family! It was odd to do presents on Christmas Eve (and be hungover and hickied...), but I survived. I wish I would have had longer to stay with them! :( I also hung out with Blondie and built a pirate ship, which I forgot.
22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Nope. I haven't been in love in...damn, in like six years.
23. How many one-night stands?
None. You hear that bitches? NONE!
24. What was your favorite TV program?
"Paranormal State." <3 <3 <3
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
...Twilight was pretty good. DON'T YOU JUDGE ME!
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Bullet For My Valentine.
28. What did you want and get?
More return/request clients, a second date(!), and...as lame as this sounds...friendship.
29. What did you want and not get?
To see Weezer in concert (wahhh! ;_;), to see Mifa and Sarah and Molly more, a raise.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
"Zombie Strippers" and "Speed Racer" tied for best new movies, heehee!
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 24. I did nothing on my birthday due to having a class the next day, but a week later Sassy Pants and I went out for half-price margaritas and had lots of fun! :) Oh, and nothing bad happened! To anyone! I was so freaking excited!
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
To "date" more - instead of messaging for ages and ages (yes, I do online dating things, judge not lest ye be judged!), I mean actually going out and meeting people and interacting, and making more money.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
A whole mess of black and white. But I also started getting more away from tee-shirts and wearing "grown-up" style shirts (solid colors, no writing, etc.) *But I still really want this shirt!
34. What kept you sane?
Cigarettes, Tuesday's at Luckys, late night chats, bitch sessions at work.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Ryan Buell. mmmmmmm. <3
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The whole election. This is the first time I've voted for the person who actually won! It was exciting, and it was cool to be in a bar when the results were announced, and have people ask for the music to go off and the TVs to get turned up...the whole bar clapped after the speeches, it was really cool.
37. Who did you miss?
Shannon and Ashley in the later months b/c I never get to see them, Mifa and Sarah all year.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
Let go. It is not worth it to hold onto petty grudges, sadness, stress or anger. Take deep breaths, let the feelings go, and your life will lighten considerably.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"With my freeze ray I will stop the world/pain" - I don't know why, it just fits.